Sleep sedation can help patients who:
• Need involved and complicated dental treatment. For anxious patients this might normally take several visits, but could actually be completed in as little as one visit using sleep sedation dentistry.
• Have a stressful lifestyle, high anxiety, and a busy schedule; you could complete treatment without adding to your stress, and in less time.
• Have a bad gag reflex
• Have an aversion to dental sounds, smells or tastes
• Have a history of bad dental experiences
• Fear needles or drills
• Feel afraid of losing control
• Have extremely sensitive teeth
• Suffer from acute or chronic jaw soreness
• Have difficulty keeping the mouth open
In our office we use inhalation of nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas. Nitrous oxide is a wonderful way to reduce a patient’s anxiety because it is administered under the supervision of the dentist and can be quickly reversed when it is time for you to leave. Nitrous oxide induces a relaxed feeling and sends you into a dreamlike state. Once you are relaxed and comfortable, a local anesthetic (such as Lidocaine) is administered to ensure a pain-free experience.
Sleep sedation available at our Los Angeles dental offices conveniently located in Beverly Hills, Valencia and Burbank.